An official website of the United States government

Immigrant Visas: Returning Resident Visa


The U.S. Department of State designated U.S. Embassy Djibouti to handle American Citizens Services cases emanating from Yemen & process visas for Yemeni citizens. If you are in Yemen & have questions re: your federal benefits email FBU.Jerusalem@SSA.gov.


A permanent resident (called lawful permanent resident or LPR) or conditional resident (CR) who has remained outside the United States for longer than one year, or beyond the validity period of a Re-entry Permit, will require a new immigrant visa to enter the United States and resume permanent residence.  You can learn more about Returning Resident Visas on usvisas.state.gov.