The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, a Fulbright exchange, enhances leadership among international professionals who collaborate to address local and global challenges and foster change for the collective good. Through academic study and professional development with U.S. counterparts, this growing global network shares best practices and builds expertise in fields of critical importance to advance societal and institutional capacity, promote human rights and freedoms, ensure sustainable environments, and develop thriving communities.
This ten-month Fellowship program is offered to mid-career professionals who have a proven track record of leadership, a public service commitment, and the capacity to take full advantage of a self-defined program of independent non-degree study at a leading U.S. university. The Humphrey Fellowship Program provides current and future international leaders with professional collaboration, a personalized academic experience, and leadership development, while building lasting, productive ties in critical fields between Americans and their professional counterparts overseas.
Eligible Fields/Sectors/Impact Areas:
Please visit the Humphrey Fellowship Program website (www.humphreyfellowship.org) for more information about eligible program fields.
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship Program, applicants must have:
- Yemeni citizenship.
- An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree.
- A minimum of five years of full-time professional experience after Bachelor’s Degree.
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- A record of public service in the community.
- Demonstrated English language ability.
Dependents or family members are NOT allowed on the program.
What the Humphrey Fellowship Program Covers:
The Humphrey Fellowship provides: international travel, tuition and university fees, English language training, if needed, accident/sickness coverage, monthly maintenance allowance and funding for books and professional activities.
Interested applicants must apply to https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey by July, 14, 2023 11:59 pm Yemen time. Applications must be completed in English. Any application that is not submitted in English will be immediately disqualified.
The following documents have to be uploaded to the online application by applicants:
- Transcripts and diplomas (including course listings and grades received) for undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degrees. Transcripts in Arabic should include an English translation. A diploma is required for all other higher education degrees (Masters, Doctoral), no transcripts needed. Certificates of completion for certificate-based programs are not required.
- TOEFL or English Language Test Results.
- Complete answers to all questions in the online application; essay responses in English must thoroughly address the questions/topics.
- Two (2) letters of reference in English; one must be from the applicant’s current employer. Letters of reference have to be uploaded directly by recommenders.
After national selection, final nominations are reviewed in the United States by independent review committees and final approval by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
We encourage you to engage with The Humphrey Fellowship Program on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
For more information about the eligibility and application process, please visit https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/prospective-applicants/eligibility/
And/or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org