An official website of the United States government

Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA)

A Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) is evidence of U.S. citizenship, equivalent to a U.S birth certificate.  A CRBA is issued to a child under the age of 18 born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent(s) who meets the requirements for transmitting citizenship under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

Yemeni citizens may apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) at any of the following locations: U.S. Embassy Djibouti, U.S. Embassy Cairo, U.S. Consulate Jeddah, U.S. Embassy Muscat, or U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur.

Please consult the State Department’s Birth of U.S. Citizens Abroad and Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship webpages in order to determine if your child is eligible to apply for a CRBA.

If you believe you meet U.S. citizenship transmission requirements and that your child is CRBA-eligible, please visit the website of the Embassy where you wish to schedule your appointment to review application procedures.  The applicant (your child) must appear in person. At least one of the child’s parents should also appear in person – preferably the U.S. citizen parent, if possible.